Last updated January 16, 2019
Welcome to the OpenX Ad Exchange!
As you get started, the OpenX Platform Development Team will answer any technical questions and help you take the following steps to prepare for success as a Demand PartnerA company which purchases ad inventory on OpenX Ad Exchange.:
- Lay out your objectives and business needs for bidding on the exchange.
- Familiarize yourself with your tool set.
- Set up, test, and launch your integration.
Your preferences define how you set up your integration with Ad Exchange. See Planning your integration to learn more and start implementing your choices.
How to buy?
You can purchase inventoryAd space available on a website or app. The basic unit of inventory for OpenX is an ad unit. in the OpenX Ad Exchange two different ways:
- Open auctions
- Programmatic direct deals and private auctions
What traffic do you want?
Deteremine what kind of publisherAn account type that represents a business with ad space to sell. inventory you want to receive based on factors such as the following:
- formats, such as display, video, or rich mediaAd technology that features more refined images as well as audio and video in the ad. Rich media ads frequently allow visitors to interact with a banner without leaving the page on which it appears (for example, movie ads that expand and play a trailer on the host page).
- publisher categories, such news or entertainment sites
- users to target, based on location, devices used, and other criteria
- other inventory characteristics, such as viewabilityOpenX uses the Media Ratings Council (MRC) definition unless otherwise noted. According to the MRC, display ads are considered viewable if 50% of their pixels are in view for a minimum of one second, two seconds for video. This applies to both desktop and mobile environments. However, in some situations, you may be able to set your own definition.
Contact your OpenX Platform Development Manager if you encounter issues or have additional questions.