Last updated on August 23, 2017
The OpenX Mobile Android SDK allows you to integrate OpenX with your apps to increase revenue through mobile advertising.
Some of the capabilities of the OpenX Mobile Android SDK include:
- Support for premium ad formats
- Rich mediaAd technology that features more refined images as well as audio and video in the ad. Rich media ads frequently allow visitors to interact with a banner without leaving the page on which it appears (e.g., movie ads that expand and play a trailer on the host page). and MRAIDMobile Rich Ad Interface Definitions, a type of API framework for interfacing between an ad creative and native mobile capabilities. 2.0 support
- Flex ads
- Direct SDK integration which allows you to pass first-party app data, user data, device data, and location data.
- Customization. Permits the use of custom ad parameters.
- Quality controls and safeguards
- Proactive creativeThe media asset associated with an ad, such as an image or video file. scanner and smart logic that minimizes re-directs and spoofed user-clicks.
- Ad quality controls: white/blacklistBlocking a particular entity's access to your inventory from the Ad Exchange. A blacklist will allow new entities by default whereas a whitelist will block new entities by default. capabilities and creative and brand filters.
- Transaction IDs for every ad, letting you manage and report ad qualitySettings that control the types of ads that can display on your inventory. issues.
- Demo app that serves as an implementation guide and test environment.
- Pre-built adapter for MoPub.
- Fast and seamless integration
To work with the OpenX Mobile Android SDK, you must use:
- Android SDK version 2.3 (API level 14) or later. Beta versions are not supported.
- The ad unitThe smallest inventory component that represents the space on a site where ads display. IDs (
adUnitId) and OpenX domain (
domain) provided by your OpenX Account Manager.
- The OpenX Mobile Android SDK zip file provided at the download link below.
Go to www.openx.com/publishers/mobile/openx-mobile-sdk/ to download the OpenX Mobile Android SDK.
Items within the OpenX Mobile Android SDK zip file
The zip file does not contain Javadoc because the class reference is included in the demo app and is available via your integrated development environment (IDE).