Last updated on October 23, 2018
The OpenX Mobile iOS SDK allows you to integrate OpenX with your apps to increase revenue through mobile advertising.
The following are some of the key capabilities of the iOS SDK.
- Support for these premium ad formats:
- Rich mediaAd technology that features more refined images as well as audio and video in the ad. Rich media ads frequently allow visitors to interact with a banner without leaving the page on which it appears (for example, movie ads that expand and play a trailer on the host page). and MRAIDMobile Rich Ad Interface Definitions, a type of API framework for interfacing between an ad creative and native mobile capabilities. 2.0 support
- Video interstitial
- Flex ads
- Opt-in video. If you would like to participate in the opt-in videoA type of linear video ad or ad unit associated with mobile apps. A user opts into watching a full-screen, non-skippable video ad in exchange for a non-liquid, in-app reward after viewing the entire ad. Examples of rewards are: access to premium content or features, an extra life, continued play, a coupon, a discount code, or something else without monetary value. Opt-in video is also known as rewarded video and is not the same as incentivized video. beta, contact OpenX.
- Direct SDK integration. Allows you to pass first-party app data, user data, device data, and location data.
- Customization. Permits the use of custom ad parameters.
- Quality controls and safeguards:
- Proactive creativeThe media asset associated with an ad, such as an image or video file. scanner and smart logic that minimizes re-directs and spoofed user-clicks.
- Automatic blocking of pop-ups using WkWebKit.
Ad quality controls: white/blacklistFor Publishers: A list of blocked advertising content, as defined in ad quality filters, preventing Demand Partners who provide this content from receiving bid requests for certain inventory. For Demand Partners: A list of publisher inventory to be excluded from bid requests, as defined in traffic sets. In both cases, it allows any items not listed; whereas a whitelist blocks any items not listed. capabilities and creative and brandA name that represents the product or service being advertised, such as Tide. filters.
- Transaction IDs for every banner and interstitial display ad, letting you manage and report ad qualitySettings that control the types of ads that can display on your inventory. issues.
- Demo app that serves as an implementation guide and test environment.
- Pre-built adapter for MoPub.
- Pre-built adapter for AdMob (distributed separately).
- Fast and seamless integration.
For requirements and integration overview, see Getting started.