Ad Reporter (Google Chrome Plugin)
Last updated on December 23, 2016
Ad ReporterA browser plugin that enables you to report problem ads directly from a site. is a Google® Chrome™ browser extension that allows you to report problematic ads to OpenX. Use Ad Reporter to send trace information to OpenX so that we can quickly address your issue.
Using Ad Reporter consists of:
- Installing Ad Reporter in Chrome
- Logging into Ad Reporter
- Using Ad Reporter to identify and report OpenX ads
- Open Chrome and install the OpenX Ad Reporter extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click ADD TO CHROME. The following prompt displays.
Note: Ad Reporter requires the “read and change” level of access so that it can find out which OpenX ads are being served, and highlight them.
- Click Add extension to add this extension to your browser. The following confirmation is displayed. You will now see the OpenX Ad Reporter button in your browser toolbar. It may appear deactivated: .
- To log into Ad Reporter, click the OpenX Ad Reporter browser button. The following window is displayed.
- Click Log in to Activate. The OpenX sign-on page displays.
- Enter your Email and Password. Press Submit.
- Once logged in, select an instanceThe platform on which the publisher's or buyer's product is hosted. from the instance selection page.
Note: Once you click on an instance the button will become active. It is very common to have access to only a single instance.
- Make sure that you are logged into Ad Reporter in Chrome. The button should be active:
- Click the Ad Reporter button and make sure that Highlight Ads is turned On.
Ad Reporter places a Report Ad button on each OpenX ad on your siteAn OpenX component that represents top-level domains or sub-domains and is used to organize ad units. Sites enable you to target and report on inventory performance., like in the screenshot below.
- Click Report Ad on the problem ad. The Send Ad Report window displays.
- From the Report Details drop-down, select one of the following ad issues that you are reporting for the ad.
The ad contains adult or suggestive images or themes.
Audio or Video: Auto-Play
The ad automatically plays audio or video without user interaction.
The ad unitIn OpenX, the smallest inventory component that represents the space on a site where ads display. is consistently rendering a blank.
This ad violates my filter settings.
The ad attempts to install malware on the user's machine.
The ad is rendering outside of the ad unit or in an unexpected way.
The ad is causing a pop-up or pop-under window to appear on the user's screen.
The ad is causing an automatic redirect to a new web page or app store page.
The ad contains objectionable images or themes.
Use this option to report other ad qualitySettings that control the types of ads that can display on your inventory. issue.
- Enter a description of the issue as needed.
- Click Report Ad. A message is sent to OpenX with a list of details about the ad.
You should receive an email with the details of your ad report. OpenX will review the trace information about the ad and work to resolve the issue.