Last updated on June 9, 2017
OpenX Mobile BidderOpenX's header bidding solution. Bidder enables publishers to realize the true value of their direct and indirect inventory in real time. "Bidder" can also mean a program designed to bid in real time on inventory in the OpenX Ad Exchange. for Apps is a tagless solution for mobile appSynonymous with mobile. Refers to the use of an app via a mobile device, specifically to differentiate from mobile web. publishers that provides more competition for every impressionA single display of an ad on a web page, mobile app, or other delivery medium. For deals, impression is a metric to relay the total number of ads that have served. See also billable impression, forecasted impressions. and maximizes value, while reducing the additional cost incurred by latency.
Some of the aspects of Bidder for Apps include:
Customization. Permits the use of custom ad parameters.
Demo apps. Provide implementation guidance for various types of ad units and a way to test them on supported devices.
The process of implementing an OpenX Bidder for Apps integration with MoPub involves participation of OpenX and the publisherAn account type that represents a business with ad space to sell.. To ensure success of your integration, please familiarize yourself with the Requirements below and make sure that you can provide your OpenX representative with all of the resources listed.
Note: Bidder for Apps is currently only supported for MoPub. However, if you are using DFP as your ad serverA complete digital advertising platform where publishers sell, manage, and deliver their advertising inventory across all digital formats. and are interested in participating in the OpenX Bidder for Apps Beta for DFP, please contact your OpenX Account Manager.
- Use the latest MoPub SDK.
- You will need to provide OpenX with access to MoPub. OpenX will be creating MoPub line items as described in Ad server setup.
- You will need to provide OpenX with information on all MoPub ad units (Name, ID, and so on). This includes both test ad units and production ad units. The details of what to provide are listed in Ad server setup.
- You will need to have adequate MoPub line itemThe primary unit of execution for an order, which represents a specific inventory purchase and the required conditions for ad delivery. availability to set up line items for OpenX orders. OpenX will be creating one Order per ad format that you provide to us and 90 line items for each of these Orders. Please keep in mind that MoPub has a limit of 1,000 line items running at a time.
- You will need to provide OpenX with a demo build of your app, as described below.
- Please have technical resources on your team available for collaboration and integration.
Overview of setup, integration, and testing
The process of setting up and integrating OpenX Bidder for Apps includes the following steps. Please also see the setup checklist that you can use to track the progress of your integration and ensure that you complete all of the necessary steps.
Step 1: Ad server setup
Provide your ad unitThe smallest inventory component that represents the space on a site where ads display. details to OpenX to allow for ad server setup.
Step 2: Adapter integration
You will need to develop your adapter integrations. See iOS adapter integration or Android adapter integration for details. Please review integration guidelines and code samples. OpenX will send you your unique delivery domainThe domain on which ads will be served for your OpenX inventory. Your OpenX representative will provide this to you so you can set up your implementation. For example: PUBLISHER-d.openx.net. for integration and a link to the adapter.
Step 3: Self-testing
Step 4: OpenX testing
OpenX will verify your build after you have completed your self-test.
Notes for successful testing:
- You will need to grant MoPub reporting access to OpenX. Without reporting, OpenX's ability to optimize performance will be limited and we will not be able to investigate reporting discrepancies.
- Please provide OpenX with each unique MoPub ad unit to enable for Bidder and where to find them in the app for extensive test verification.
- If you have caching logic or any custom handling of ads in your app, please let OpenX know so we can test accordingly.
Step 5: Production integration
Prior to launching OpenX Bidder for Apps into production, the following actions are required:
- Have your OpenX representative review the final version of the app and remove any house adsAds that promote the host website’s features and services. They are a way to fill unsold inventory. from testing.
- Remove any test ad units.
- Confirm your launch date with your OpenX representative prior to submitting your app to the App Store or Play Store, to ensure a successful launch.
Note: OpenX cannot be responsible for an unsuccessful launch due to lack of notification.
To get started, see Ad server setup.