Last updated on January 11, 2018
Note: Some features mentioned here may not be available in your region or based on your user roleA grouping of user capabilities that describe the tasks a user can perform in OpenX.. For more information, please contact your OpenX representative. If you do not have an OpenX representative, contact us to speak with someone about the right OpenX features for your business.
OpenX BidderOpenX's header bidding solution. Bidder enables publishers to realize the true value of their direct and indirect inventory in real time. "Bidder" can also mean a program designed to bid in real time on inventory in the OpenX Ad Exchange. accomplishes one thing for publishers - increased yield. OpenX Bidder utilizes one of the strongest programmatic marketplaces to provide publishers:
- Dynamic pricing that eliminates revenue lost through CPMCost per mille, a pricing method which calculates cost based on the number of impressions (per 1000). averages
- More demand that directly increases competition
- Smarter decision making which helps your ad serverA complete digital advertising platform where publishers sell, manage, and deliver their advertising inventory across all digital formats. make the right call every time
All of this takes place on an impressionA single display of an ad on a web page, mobile app, or other delivery medium. For deals, impression is a metric to relay the total number of ads that have served. See also billable impression, forecasted impressions.-by-impression basis with a simple and seamless integration which completely eliminates passbacks.
How Bidder works
The process a user visiting a page using OpenX Bidder and being served an ad can be described in five steps.
- A user visits a page with OpenX Bidder implemented. The Bidder script directs an ad requestCommunication from a web browser or app to an ad server to display an ad. to the OpenX Ad Exchange.
- RTBReal-time bidding, auctioning online inventory within an ad exchange. Buyers bid for the impression based on the value of the user, whereas the seller sets pricing floors and awards the impression to the highest bidder. The auction process takes place in milliseconds, which is why the process is referred to as “real-time.” providers, consisting of thousands of buyers, simultaneously bid on the impression.
- The highest bid is inserted into the ad request and is passed to your ad server. Your ad server compiles all line items eligible for the ad request, including the bid passed from OpenX Bidder.
- Your ad server takes the highest eligible CPM to its ad exchange to see if it can beat that price.
- The highest price wins the impression and the ad is served.
If you are interested in using OpenX Bidder on your siteAn OpenX component that represents top-level domains or subdomains and is used to organize ad units. Sites enable you to target and report on inventory performance., contact your Account Manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.