Last updated on December 6, 2016
Note: Some features mentioned here may not be available in your region or based on your user roleA grouping of user capabilities that describe the tasks a user can perform in OpenX.. For more information, please contact your OpenX representative.
OpenX provides the following ways for your apps to request ads:
Mobile app supply integrations
- Ad tags. You can configure third-party systems to send ad requests to OpenX that include required and optional ad call parameters. For example, you can use ad tags to integrate your apps with MoPub or DFP.
- VAST Ad tags. You can configure your app to make ad requests from a VAST-compliant video player using the OpenX Vast Ad TagA small piece of code that defines the ad space where ads display on a website. It includes parameters that describe the inventory advertising campaigns can target, which may in turn display ads in the ad space..
- Server-to-server ad calls. You can configure your app to make ad requests to a third-party system, which then makes calls to OpenX. For example, if you have an AdMarvel account, you can make server-to-server ad calls between Ad Marvel and OpenX.
Do not use server-to-server ad calls if your app is unable to pass key mobile ad call parameters, such as app.bundle, lat and lon, and tracking parameters.
Important: If you have an iOS app, please ensure your app meets App Transport Security (ATS) requirements.
- OpenRTB (recommended). OpenX Ad Exchange for Buyers supports OpenRTB to request and receive bids from buyers. You can configure your ad requests to specify OpenRTB values to help buyers target your ad space.
- OpenX proprietary API. Ad Exchange also supports the protobuf protocol via a proprietary API, which can pass values to buyers that correspond to OpenRTB fields.
What you need to do
OpenX helps you to characterize the ad space in your mobile apps so that OpenX will serve the most appropriate ads. You can then offer it to demand partners and buyers on the OpenX Ad Exchange.
At a minimum, you need an OpenX account and at least one ad unitIn OpenX, the smallest inventory component that represents the space on a site where ads display. ID (auid).
To properly characterize your app so that buyers can target your inventoryAd space available on a website or app. The basic unit of inventory for OpenX is an ad unit., you can populate many optional fields in the OpenX UI, configure your app to pass device data, use ad call parameters, and so on.
To integrate your app with OpenX:
To integrate using ad tags, use the ad requestCommunication between a web browser or application and an ad server to display an ad. to configure your mobile app to communicate with OpenX