Last updated on March 20, 2018
You can view data on the performance of active deals with the Performance View in the Deals tab. Metrics such as bid requests, bids, and impressions tell you how effectively deals are performing.
This topic explains how you can:
- Find deals to analyze
- Access the Deal Bid Flow page
- View the Deal Bid Flow visualization
- View detailed demand performance
- Export performance data
To access this view, navigate to Deals > Performance View.
If the View Deals Performance table lists many deals, you can use several methods to find specific deals quickly.
Organize deals by clicking a column heading. By default, deals are sorted by the Bid RequestWhen OpenX Ad Exchange receives an ad request, it sends a communication containing details about the impression to selected real-time bidders to solicit bids for it. column.
For instance, clicking the Deal Name column heading will sort all the deals alphabetically by name.
Click any of the column headings listed below to sort the deals.
- Deal Name
- Bid Request
- Effective Bid Rate
- Avg Bid CPMCost per mille, a pricing method which calculates cost based on the number of impressions (per 1000).
- Win Rate
- eCPMEffective cost per mille tells a publisher what he or she would have received if they sold advertising inventory on a CPM basis.
Filter the list by a specific Deal Name, Deal ID, and/or Status to view deals that meet those criteria.
- Enter the Deal Name or Deal ID in the search box. Deals will be filtered in real-time.
- Click the filter icon to reveal the Status filtering option.
- To filter by Status, click in the selection window and select one or more items.
Set the date range to view performance for deals created within that range. The default date range is Last 7 Days.
- Click the calendar icon.
- Select the date range. Possible options include: Today, Yesterday, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, and Custom Date Range.
The Deal Performance page provides you with details of a single deal's performance.
- Within the OpenX UI, navigate to Deals > Performance View. The Performance View tab appears.
- Click the eye icon () under the Report column. The Deal Bid Flow visualization and Deal Data Details table appear.
- Click the calendar icon above the Deal Bid Flow visualization to limit the data set. The default date range is Last 7 Days.
- Click the View field to search for, or filter by, demand partnerA company which purchases ad inventory on OpenX Ad Exchange., buyerA company that pays a demand partner to purchase ad inventory on OpenX Ad Exchange., or advertiser. Your selections appear in a list beneath the View field. The Deal Bid Flow visualization and a detailed table update to reflect your search or filter selection.
- If you choose to search for a demand partner, buyer, or advertiser, type the name in the View field.
- If you choose to filter by demand partners, buyers, or advertisers, select one of the preconfigured filters in the View field.
- Hover over a selection in the list beneath the View field to highlight the selection in the visualization and in the detailed table.
- Click a selection in the list beneath the View field to view more granular information.
- Choose a metric from the By drop-down. The default metric is Bids.
Note: The visualization will not appear in the exported report. Only the detailed table information will be returned in the report.
In the Deal Data Details table below the Deal Bid Flow visualization, expand a specific demand partner or buyer to review the detailed demand performance of the deal.
Note: Note If a demand partner does not share its buyer name, the buyer is listed by Seat ID.
You can export deal performance metrics to manipulate them offline or to share them with stakeholders who don't have access to the OpenX UI.
Click the Export button in the View Deals Performance table to download the deal data in one of the following three formats:
Downloading data for a specific deal
In the View Deals Performance table, do one of the following to export a data file for an individual deal:
- Click the download icon () for any listed deal to download a report in CSV format.
- Click the eye icon () for any listed deal. Then, on the details table for that deal, click the Export to download the information in one of the following three formats: