Last updated on November 3, 2016
Note: The following instructions assume that you have inventory available to specify in your packages.
To create a deal:
- From the main menu, click the Deals tab.
- Click Create Deal on the right side of the page. The Create Deal screen appears.
- Enter deal details in the Deal Details section.
- Select the supply criteria in the Supply Criteria section.
- Identify demand partners in the Participants section.
- Click Create Deal at the top right of the page. The Deal ID appears.
- Copy the Deal ID. You can share the Deal ID with your demand partners offline so that they can bid on your OpenX Private Marketplaces deals via their OpenX RTBReal-time bidding, auctioning online inventory within an ad exchange. Buyers bid for the impression based on the value of the user, whereas the seller sets pricing floors and awards the impression to the highest bidder. The auction process takes place in milliseconds, which is why the process is referred to as “real-time.” integration.
- Click Done.
Use the Deal Details section to enter the deal details.
In the Name field, enter a unique name for the deal.
From the Deal Type drop down, select the deal type:
Preferred Deal. Offer a packageA bundle of targeting criteria for similar inventory segments which you can offer at a predetermined price (typically to facilitate regular sales efforts) and automatically create line items from in OpenX. to a single demand partnerA company which purchases ad inventory on OpenX Ad Exchange. at a fixed price.
Private Auction. Offer a package to one or more demand partners at a specified floorThe minimum price a publisher is willing to accept for a given impression. price (a minimum bid).
Within Open Auction. Offer a package to demand partners at a specified floor price (a minimum bid) within an open auction.
In the Deal Price field, enter the deal price.
Under PriorityIndicates which deal or line item should take precedence in the case that multiple deals or line items are eligible to serve for a given ad request., use the slider or the drop down menu to set a deal priority to help resolve any conflicting deals. Priority has a range from 1 - Highest to 10 - Lowest.
Note: Priority is not an option when Within Open Auction is selected from the Deal Type dropdown.
Under Flight DatesAn interval that specifies the maximum life span of a line item. If its impression goal is met before the end of the flight, the line item becomes unavailable. Flight dates must fall within order dates., select start and end dates to set the interval during which the deal ID is valid. Choose Specific to set a start date in the future.
From the Deal Source dropdown, select the source of the deal.
(Optional) Enter the names of the Account Executive and Account Manager in the corresponding fields. To add a new name to either list, first select Custom from the dropdown list. These are reporting fields that allow you to filter Deal ID reports by Account Executive and/or Account Manager. These fields have no effect on inventoryAd space available on a website or app. The basic unit of inventory for OpenX is an ad unit..
In the Supply Criteria section, you must choose one of the following actions:
Choose Select a package from the dropdown list to associate it with the deal. The package information populates on the page.
Note: After adding a package, you can edit it by clicking the pencil icon . If you want to remove an associated package, click the trash can icon .
- Choose Custom Selection from the top of the dropdown list. The Creating Targeting: Custom window appears. Specify inventory and targeting criteria for this deal. Click Apply to add changes.
- Click Create
a new package beneath the dropdown list . The Create Package screen appears.
In the Participants section, you can select demand partners and permit ads that would normally be blocked by your ad qualitySettings that control the types of ads that can display on your inventory. filters.
(Optional) Click the toggle to turn on Supplemental Ad Quality Filters. OpenX Private Marketplaces respect Exchange Ad Quality filters, but you can use this setting to set up a deal that allows ads that would normally be blocked. Read more about setting Supplemental Ad Quality Filters.
- Associate the Demand Partners, BuyerA company that pays a demand partner to purchase ad inventory on OpenX Ad Exchange. Names, and Brands with the deal.
Note: Specifying one demand partner is required. From the Deal Type dropdown, if you selected:
• Private Auction or Within Open Auction, you can add demand partners.
• Preferred Deal, you can only add demand partner.
Specifying buyers and brands is optional. However, if a buyer or brand is specified, this will limit who is allowed to win the deal.
- If you selected Preferred Deal or Private Auction in the Deal Details section, specify the type of open auction access for your selected demand partners from the Set Open Auction Access for Participants.
Standard pricing. (Default) Demand partners can win the ad in an open auction if they meet the open auction floor price.
Block from open auction. Demand partners cannot win the ad in an open auction if the buyers and brands match those in the deal.
Deal pricing. Demand partners can win the ad in an open auction if the buyers and brands match and they meet the deal price.
Note: These options only apply to an open auction if:
• The deal is triggered.
• The buyer does not win the impressionA single display of an ad on a web page, mobile app, or other delivery medium. See also billable impression, forecasted impressions. via the deal.
• The buyer decides to bid on that same impression in the open auction.