Last updated on October 18, 2017
The Data Explorer tab allows you to create interactive dashboards based on easy customization of selected data and visualizations.
With this data analysis tool, you can:
- Easily combine attributes and metrics from all standard OpenX reports.
- Choose from multiple chart options to visualize performance indicators.
- Export raw data in .xlsx, .pdf, and .csv formats.
Using the Data Explorer tab
- Within the OpenX UI, navigate to Reports > Data Explorer. The data selection area, trend chart, and Detailed Data table appear in the default workspace layout.
- Click the default name, Workspace 1, to rename the workspace.
- Beneath the title, use the drop-down fields to specify the date range, prior period comparison, attributes, and metrics.
Element Description Date Range
Limits the data set by date. Preconfigured dates or custom dates can be selected from the drop-down.
Add prior period comparison
(Optional) Specify the range of the previous period. Compare two periods to view trends in the data. After clicking Add prior period comparison, the wording changes to compared to.
Add the attributes to be displayed in the workspace graphs and Detailed Data table. Clicking the X to the right of an attribute removes the selected attribute.
Filtering attributes. Chart and Detail Data table data can be refined by using attribute filtering.
- Click the drop-down of the attribute.
- Search for items to include or exclude.
- Set the toggle button to Include or Exclude.
- Click OK.
Note: The order of the selected attributes determines the order of the columns in the Detailed Data table.
Add the metrics to be displayed in the workspace graphs and Detailed Data table. Clicking the X to the right of a metric removes the selected metric.
Note: The order of the selected metrics determines the order of the columns in the Detailed Data table.
- Configure the default graph for your analysis.
Element Description (Metric selection)
Select two metrics that you would like to compare for line and bar charts.
On the right-side of the workspace, select the chart that best represents the data of the selected metrics.
- Line chart. Best for continuous trend analysis over a time period. Example: Revenue for Last 30 Days.
- Bar chart. Best for discrete trend analysis over a time period. Example: Revenue for Last 7 Days.
- Area chart. Best for trend analysis of an attribute over time.
- Donut chart. Best for composition analysis of an attribute. Example: % impressions by demand partnerA company which purchases ad inventory on OpenX Ad Exchange.. Deeper insights can be extracted from the compositional analysis by using the Add Drilldown drop-down.
Below the X-axis of the dashboard graph, choose the time measurement for the X-axis from the drop-down. Depending on the date range of the data, the X-axis can be set to:
- by Hour
- by Day
- by Week
- by Month
Note: This option is not available for the Donut chart.
- (Optional) Click the download icon () at the top right of the Detailed Data table to share the information as an Excel, CSV, or PDF file.
Configuring the workspace
Through the use of icons, the Data Explorer tab allows you to configure the workspace in several ways:
- Adding additional dashboard graphs.
- Adding up to 5 total workspaces.
- Reordering dashboard graphs by dragging and dropping.
- Collapsing individual dashboard widgets including the selection area and graphs.
- Deleting individual dashboard graphs.
Click this text to add an additional graph to the workspace.
Click the plus icon to add a new workspace.
Click, hold, and drag the ellipses on the left side of a dashboard to re-order a dashboard in the workspace.
|Click the carat icon at the top right of a dashboard or the Detailed Data chart to collapse or expand an individual dashboard or table.|
Click the trash can icon at the bottom right of a dashboard to delete a dashboard.
If a graph is accidentally deleted, it must be recreated. A deleted graph cannot be restored.