Creating an Audience
Last updated on November 12, 2020
The Create New Audience screen is where you build your new audience by adding criteria in the Define Audience section located on the left. The Insights panel located on the right displays the potential reach of the audience so that you can appropriately size the audience.
To create a new audience:
From the Audiences List screen, click located on the top right.
The Create New Audience screen appears. From here, you have the option to load an existing audience as a template from the Choose Audience list, if needed.
Type the Audience Name and a Description in the corresponding fields.
All fields except Audience Name are optional, however, you cannot save an empty audience. At least one selection must be made.
In the Location section, select one of the following location types to or as needed:
- State: Select one or more US states from the list.
- DMA: (Designated Market Area): Select one or more DMAs from the list. You can also select to copy and paste multiple DMA codes.
- Zip Code: Type a zip code. You can also select to copy and paste multiple zip codes.
- Congressional District: Select one or more congressional districts from the list.
You can add more than one location type.
A label appears for each criteria item you select, for example . Items added as “Included” have a green checkmark while items added as “Excluded” have a red label . If needed, you can remove any criteria items you’ve selected by clicking .
In the Demographics section, complete the following:
- Age: Select the age range.
- Gender: Select Any, Female, or Male.
In the Predefined Audiences Segments section, select one or more predefined segments for inclusion or exclusion. This allows you to target consumers that might meet your campaign goals without needing any other data or analysis.
or your segments as needed:
- Partner Audiences: Contains a list of all the segments you can select by category.
- Third Party Data: Contains a list of third party providers segments.
- Past Browsing Interests: Contains a list of past browsing interests segments.
For a complete list of segments, see Taxonomy.
In the First Party section, or one or more of your first party data segments as needed.
For more on how to upload your data files to create segments, see Uploading Segments.
Once you have defined your audience, click located on the top right.
Your new audience is now saved and listed in the Audiences List screen with a Publishing status. If you need to view the audience details, you can click on the audience row to open the audience’s details screen.
About the Insights Panel
As you’re building your audience, the Insights panel displays the potential reach of an audience and a breakdown of its locations and demographics data. This allows you to appropriately size the audience as you include or exclude individual segments.
The Insights panel displays the following:
- Estimated MAU Reach: The potential reach of your audience.
- Location: This tab displays the audience states and the audience percentage per DMA.
- Demographics: This tab displays the audience gender and age.