The Segments screen allows you to upload your subscriber or customer data files to use for audience creation. Once uploaded, the data file appears on the table as a segment including its attributes such as, reach, status, and date created.
Data File Requirements
Prior to uploading a data file consider the following:
- Provide a unique name to the data file to upload.
- Provide a description.
- Specify which key is in the data file.
- Provide a .csv or .txt data file that contains a single column of Email, Phone, or MAIDs.
- Exclude the column header from your data file.
Uploading a Data File
To upload a data file:
From the Segments screen, click located on the top right.
The Upload data dialog appears. Complete the following fields:
- Name: Type the name of the data to upload.
- Type: Select one of the following data types from the list:
- Mobile Ad ID
Your data will be hashed locally on your browser before sending it. If you want to pre-hash the data manually, do the following:
1. Normalize the data by converting all characters to lowercase and trimming all whitespace.
2. Hash the normalized data using SHA256.
Drag and drop your .csv or .txt data file in the upload box, or click inside the box to browse and select your data file.
Your data file is now uploaded and listed in the Segments screen. The status of the data file goes from Processing to Ready. Once Ready, the segment is available for audience creation.