Last updated on January 24, 2019
OpenX is a TAG certified company whose ad quality efforts provide participating publishers, demand partners, and advertisers a safe, transparent marketplace.
Ad Quality Guidelines
OpenX has defined policies that govern the types of ads that are acceptable within OpenX Ad Exchange. These policies are explained in the OpenX Ad Exchange Demand Policies.
Examples of actions that OpenX does not allow are as follows:
- For in-banner video, playing audio that is not triggered by a click (such as auto-play or rollover-initiated audio).
- Automatically refreshing ads.
- Installing spyware, trojans, viruses, or other malware.
- Automatically redirecting the user to a new page or app.
- Displaying nudity or suggestive content or images.
- Promoting electronic cigarettes or vaping devices.
- Selling or promoting firearms, ammunition, bombs or other weapons, or related design materials, including handgun safety certificates and BB guns.
- Promoting online gambling (including daily fantasy sports in jurisdictions where daily fantasy sports is considered to be illegal online gambling).
- Opening a pop-up on a webpage, upon banner open, or upon page exit.
- Promoting or facilitating the use of illegal drugs.
To ensure that partners adhere to OpenX Ad Exchange policies, OpenX takes the following additional steps:
- Scans all ad creatives in OpenX Ad Exchange with its proprietary scanner.
- Uses third-party vendors (The Media Trust and GeoEdge) to scan ads for malware and redirects, and to autoblock violating creatives.
- Staffs a dedicated ad quality team that ensures all ads are scanned and meet OpenX Ad Exchange ad quality standards. This team also provides 24/7 support for ad quality complaints.
- Rigorously vets new buyers during their onboarding process into OpenX Ad Exchange.
Ad Quality Tools for Publishers
OpenX provides the following tools to adjust ad filters and investigate ads in real time.
|Ad quality filters||Control the ads that display on your inventory.|
|S2S OpenRTB fields||Set ad quality filters using |
Some features mentioned here may not be available in your region or based on your user role. For more information, visit the OpenX Community.
Ad Quality Resources
If you have an ad quality issue, refer to the following articles for assistance:
- Best Practices for Submitting Ad Quality Cases
- How to Collect a HAR File to Troubleshoot UI Issues
- How to Capture an Automatic Redirect Ad on Mobile