Last updated on October 16, 2018
When creating a pricing control floor, you need to set your floor price, select flight dates, and choose existing or create new reusable inventory packages. By default, floors apply to all real-time bids in the open auction for the selected inventory, but you can also specify individual participants.
To create a floor:
Go to Pricing Controls.
On the displayed page, click Create Floor on the right. The Create Floor page is displayed.
In the Floor Details section:
- Enter a name and a floor price and specify the appropriate flight dates.
If needed, select a reason for the floor and provide a description. The reason is for your information only and does not affect how the floor works.
In the Supply Criteria section, do one of the following to identify the inventory for the floor:
To use an existing package, type and select the name of the package. If needed, modify its targeting criteria.
Any other floors or Private Marketplace deals using this package will be affected if you edit it. To check where the package is used, click Pricing Controls or Deals on the main navigation bar and filter the floor or deal lists by the package name. To avoid any conflicts, you can clone the package.
- To create a reusable package, click Create a new package and specify inventory and targeting criteria and other details for the new package.
- To select custom inventory and targeting criteria without saving them as a package for future use, select Custom Selection and specify your criteria.
If you want the floor to apply to specific demand partners, buyers, or brands, in the Participants section, select at least one demand partner.
- Click Create Floor at the top. The floor is saved and displayed on the Pricing Controls page, where you can manage the floor as needed.
Viewing and Managing Floors
Last updated on October 16, 2018
After creating pricing control floors, you can view and manage them on the Pricing Controls page. Specifically, you can:
- Check the revenue impact for each floor for a given period of time and make adjustments to maximize revenue, for example, when the revenue impact is negative.
- View all available floors and their status, prices, flight dates, supply, and other details and sort the list accordingly.
- Search for specific floors.
- Filter floors, for example, to see which ones are associated with a specific package (click the filter icon next to the search field and type the package name in the Supply field).
Edit floors to change inventory, demand, flight dates, and so on.
If you modify an existing package, any other floors or Private Marketplace deals using this package will be affected. To check where the package is used, click Pricing Controls or Deals on the main navigation bar and filter the floor or deal lists by the package name. To avoid any conflicts, you can clone the package.
- Pause currently running floors.
- Delete floors, either individually or in bulk.
- Create new floors.
Export floor data in CSV format.
For floors with custom targeting regulations selections (identified as “Custom” in the Supply column), the package_name and package_description values in the downloaded CSV file will be displayed as “Private Selection”.