OpenX UI Overview
Last updated on October 21, 2020
When you first log in to OpenX, you see your Dashboard on the home page. This Dashboard contains user-specific information about any objects that you are responsible for.
In addition to the Dashboard, you will have any of the following links, depending on your level of access:
- Reports, for viewing, configuring, and scheduling reports.
- Inventory, which contains settings for managing and classifying ad inventory.
- Ad Quality (if enabled), which contains settings for controlling the ads that serve to your sites.
- Accounts, which contains settings for managing accounts and users.
- Your username, with a dropdown list that gives you access to your user account settings.
- A ? icon, which provides Online Help and What’s New? links. This is the Online Help that you are viewing now. Use What’s New? to find out how we’ve recently improved OpenX to better serve your needs.
Some features mentioned here may not be available in your region or based on your user role. For more information, visit the OpenX Community.
The Dashboard is the initial screen that you see in OpenX. The other links displayed in the main navigation bar depend on your user access.
History is an easy-to-read list that provides information regarding:
- Changes to objects
- Who made changes
- When changes were made
If you don’t have permission to edit an object, History will not be available.
To view History:
From any of the objects listed below, click Edit.
In the sidebar, click History.
To view additional History events, scroll down.
Objects with History
The following is a list of all objects with History across all OpenX products.
List of all objects
- Ad unit groups
- Ad units
- OpenX Market Rules
- Site sections
If no history is available, the following message appears:
Types of History events
History automatically updates after all History events. OpenX provides the following three types of History events.
|Object creation||Generated when you create an object. No “Was” field is displayed.|
|User generated change||Generated when you make changes to an object, like when you change targeting criteria.|
|System generated change||Generated by system events like when a line item expires after the defined flight end date. No user name is displayed.|