OpenRTB Server-to-Server Integrations
Last updated on November 21, 2019
As a publisher, you can integrate with OpenX via an OpenRTB server-to-server (S2S) connection. Once you successfully set up this integration, OpenX acts as the demand partner for other exchanges, networks, and partners, which unlocks additional demand for you.
To learn more how an OpenRTB S2S connection works and to understand the OpenRTB request sequence, refer to the Interactive Advertising Bureau in the IAB’s OpenRTB 2.5 specification (a diagram of the request sequence is located in Section 2, Figure 2).
What you Need to Know
To integrate with OpenX, consider the following:
- OpenX is compliant with the IAB’s OpenRTB 2.5 specification and below.
- OpenX performs manual testing of endpoints followed by low number of queries per second (100 QPS) for error checking and discrepancy analysis before scaling requests.
- OpenX can support our integrated partners’ first-price and second-price auctions. Our reporting capabilities vary depending on your auction type. If you support both auction types, OpenX can help you determine the optimal choice.
- OpenX provides you with a user synchronization endpoint. User synchronization is required only for desktop and mobile web only.
- OpenX custom impression tracker must be supported (for mobile app only).
- OpenX requires you to report on certain metrics.
To get started, review the integration process checklist and contact OpenX.