CCPA Integration Support
Select the corresponding tab to consult information about CCPA integration support.
Last updated on February 11, 2021
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants California consumers the right to opt out of the sale of personal information. Under the CCPA, you may be treating the transfer of user data in programmatic advertising as a “sale” of personal information and providing users with the opportunity to opt out.
OpenX has built support for the U.S. Privacy User Signal Mechanism (USP API), the IAB’s solution for signaling a user’s opt-out election throughout the programmatic ecosystem. If this is your preferred compliance method, you should build support for the USP API and update your integration with OpenX to ensure this signal is passed.
OpenX also supports DAA CCPA Opt-Out Tools.
IAB CCPA Framework: U.S. Privacy Integration
If you are an OpenX publisher using one of the following methods and you are utilizing the IAB CCPA Compliance Framework (USP API), you must make the following updates.
- OpenX Bidder Lite: Replace your code base with the latest version. For more information, visit the OpenX Community.
- OpenX Mobile Android/iOS SDK: Upgrade to version 4.11.0 or later. For more information, see GitHub Android and iOS.
- OpenRTB integrations: Add the
regs.ext.us_privacy field to bid requests that you send to OpenX per the IAB spec.
- Prebid Adapter: Upgrade to version 2.44.2+ or 3.1.0+. For more information, go to Prebid.
- Index Container: Please contact your Index Exchange account team to enable the passing of CCPA signals through your OpenX adapter.
- Non-OpenRTB S2S integrations: Add the
us_privacy parameter to ad requests.
The following integration types require no change to your OpenX integration, it only requires implementation of the USP API:
- OpenX Bidder implementations (other than Bidder Lite)
A Consent Management Platform (CMP) collects and stores information from consenting users on behalf of a publisher and passes that information to ad exchanges and demand partners. There are many options for CMPs, but below are a few:
Last updated on March 18, 2020
To support compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), OpenX has adopted the IAB’s CCPA Compliance Framework and will pass thru the
us_privacy string in bid requests. You can use the
us_privacy string to inform bidding decisions.
OpenRTB bid requests from OpenX can include the following field: